The difference between a good leader and an extraordinary leader is clear in the minds of their people.
When a good leader is present, their people say “Look at what they have done!” When an extraordinary leader is present, their people say, “Look at what we haveaccomplished!”
What do your people say about you and your leadership?
Below is a list of 5 things extraordinary leaders know and do that moves them from being a good leader into being an extraordinary leader who achieves extraordinary results!
5 Things Extraordinary Leaders Know & Do:
- They know their job is to teach and not to do. They are much better at asking questions so that their people come to their own solutions then they are at giving them solutions, or telling them what to do and or how to do it!
- They hold themselves and their people accountable all the time, not just some of the time. They know that inconsistency in their behavior and their actions creates doubt. They know that people will not trust them if they don’t consistently hold them accountable.
- They know they are responsible to their people and not responsible for their people. They create a safe environment where their people can succeed and they don’t take responsibility or credit for their successes or beat themselves up when their people fail.
- They know to not do anything for their people that they can do for themselves and they know that their folks can do most things for themselves … if you let them. They know that their people don’t need to be saved, because their people are not broken nor do they need to be fixed. They trust them to do the work.
- They realize that their focus needs to be on helping their team to tap into their brilliance, their genius, and their strengths, so they can reach their fullest potential. That only happens when you ask them to play a bigger game and not allow them to be stopped by challenges, problems, or adversity. Extraordinary leaders call their people to be extraordinary!
IF YOU’RE GOING TO BE A LEADER … WHY NOT BE AN EXTRAORDINARY ONE?