Today I was trying to order a DVD Television series set from a large online retailer. While I was searching to see if they had it, the computer automatically filled in the title and the category of Movies and Television.
Perfect!!! Just what I’m looking for, so I clicked on it and up came 3 items … none of which was what I was looking for. I tried spelling it differently, five different ways, hyphens, numbers, and still … nothing.
So I tried my search in All Categories to look for this DVD set which should have come up in the Television & Movies Section and up it pops on the screen! Perfect!!! Hit the Add To Cart and Proceed to Checkout.
I read the screen … Usually ships in 1 to 2 days and then it says …
Estimated Delivery Time Following Shipment: Standard 4 to 14 business days
Well is 4 or 14? So I look for the upgrade the shipping button to expedite my shipment because I need it for Valentine’s Day. Nope … nowhere to be found!
So I can’t upgrade the shipping? Really? What if I want it sooner than 2 weeks?
3 Thoughts Followed:
1st: Why are they making this so hard to do business with them?
2nd: Should I call them and tell them I am frustrated?
3rd: Close browser and shop some place else … BINGO!
5 Questions To Ask Yourself:
- Do you make it hard for your customers to do business with you?
- Do you think your customers will take the time to tell you why doing business with you is difficult?
- Are you losing business or have you ever lost business because it was easier for your customer(s) to buy a similar product some place else?
- Do your customers ever have to wait too long for an answer, an order confirmation, shipping information, or to receive your product?
- Have you ever thought that if you were your customer you would buy from someone else?
If you answered yes to 1 or 2 questions, you have some serious problems that you need to fix before it’s too late. If you answered yes to 3 or more of the above questions I’d be surprised if you’re in business for too much longer.
Customers don’t want to wait, they don’t want to tell you what’s wrong with your business, they will buy where it’s easy. And last if you wouldn’t buy from you … what makes you think anybody else would!
When a customer places and order … SHIP IT!!