“A joke’s a very serious thing.” ~ Charles Churchill
And Now for Something Completely Different…
As we approach the the Holiday Season and are heading into the final 46 days of this year, I thought we needed to take a laughter break.
For many folks the holidays can be a time of sadness, depression, or loneliness. For others it may be a time of high-stress as we attempt to close out the old so we can bring in the new. And still for others the last two months of the year are actually the most stressful.
You may recall in the Jack Nicholson movie, The Shining that, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” That said, I thought I would share some of my favorite one-liners from two of my favorite comedians, Henny Youngman and Steven Wright.
You might be thinking, I don’t have time to laugh…actually you don’t have time not to!
Humor has been scientifically proven to improve mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
And just think, no co-pay and no deductible! So here you go:
- A doctor gave a man six months to live. The man couldn’t pay his bill, so he gave him another six months.
- A man goes to a psychiatrist. “Nobody listens to me!” The doctor says, “Next!”
- My wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, a little wine, good food. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
- The Doctor says, “You’ll live to be 60!” “I AM 60!” “See, what did I tell you?”
- Any married man should forget his mistakes, there’s no use in two people remembering the same thing.
- I installed a skylight in my apartment… the people who live above me are furious!
- I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he’s gone.
- I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.
- My neighbor has a circular driveway… he can’t get out.
- What’s another word for Thesaurus?
- When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child… eventually.
- “I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.”
- “Why are there five syllables in the word “monosyllabic”?”
- “Do Roman paramedics refer to IV’s as ‘4’s’?”
- “Is it possible to be totally partial?”
Some folks take themselves way too serious. They never take the time to relax, laugh, and to simply enjoy the moment.
We can get so stressed out over the little things in life that we actually make ourselves sick: ulcers, muscle tension in our necks, backs, and shoulders, and all sorts of ailments that are a result of too much stress on our bodies.
Remember to take time to laugh each day it can save your life…after all…laughter truly is the best medicine!