10 Things You Need to Let Go of Right Now!
At different times in our life we may find that we are holding onto things that we need to let go of.
Maybe, it is an old belief that isn’t producing the results we want. Maybe we need to let go of a job that holds us back from bringing our optimal value to the workplace. It might even be a relationship that changed significantly, and now neither party feels loved, or loving towards the other. In fact, they could be stunting each others growth.
Whatever the situation or circumstance, we all probably could stand to let go of some-thing in our lives.
Below is a list of 10 questions I ask myself at times, to see if I am holding onto to some-thing or some-one that I need to let go of. It might be a good list to reflect on for yourself.
Do I Need to Let Go of…
- Old beliefs about self-worth, money, success? Anything else that keeps me stuck in a place I don’t want to be?
- Behaviors that are unhealthy in either a physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual way?
- The idea that I have to make everyone around me happy. Because if I don’t, I won’t be loved, liked, accepted, etc., etc., etc.?
- Old friendships, relationships, or career choices that no longer align with who I AM today, my values, or are extremely one-sided?
- The idea, belief, or misconception that I can change anyone, other than myself?
- The idea, belief, or misconception that people will change dramatically! And when they do, they will be a better employee, leader, partner, or spouse for me!
- The belief that I don’t know what I want or how to achieve it?
- The thought that I can go through life avoiding sadness, hurt, pain, complications, or messiness?
- Past, actions, decisions that keep me stuck in the past, dreaming into the future, anywhere but the present? Or decisions that I continue to blame others for so I don’t have to accept responsibility for my decisions!
- The idea that letting go is ONLY about losing something?
One final thought as it pertains to #10. Sometimes, the only thing holding us back from letting go is fear. And while fear is typically associated with loss it doesn’t represent the whole picture.
Letting go is not just about losing something! It is about creating space and alignment with new things, new ideas, new beliefs, and new possibilities so that you can live the life you deserve.
So what is it that you need to let go of?
Need a little help? Click here