“You cannot achieve the results you want, until you accept 100% responsibility for the results you are getting!” ~ Joe Contrera
If someone stopped you on the street and asked you, “Are you achieving the results you want in life?” How would you answer?
If that same person then asked, “Are you as happy as you want to be?” How would you answer that question?
We’ve all heard the saying that happiness is an inside job! If that’s true, why are there so many unhappy people in this world?
Why The Discontentment?
People become discontent when they are not achieving the results they want in life. There are numerous reasons why, usually it is due to lack.
A lack of: money, success, fame, love, respect or anything else they believe they feel they should have that they don’t!
When there is a disparity between what they have and what they think they should have, there is unhappiness and discontentment. The bigger the gap, the greater the discontentment.
And these days, there are a lot of folks who believe they are entitled to a whole lot more than what they have. And it is not just amount material things, it is about how they feel they should be treated, even though they treat others horribly. The erratic behavior happening on airplanes and in public by some is a great example of the “Golden Rule” gone haywire.
Most people fail to look inside themselves for what they want and instead try to achieve their desires by looking outside to the external.
Are You Giving Your Power Away?
When you look outside of yourself to measure your level of happiness, success, wealth, acceptance, or self-worth, you are giving your power away.
What does that mean? It means that you are dependent on others for success in achieving all those items listed in the previous sentence.
The truth is there are those who want you to believe you need them to achieve all of those things including finding God, or even to survive. What they really want is for you to become dependent on them, so they can justify their existence.
This group includes the government, the media (both social and network), and most institutions, yes including religious institutions.
All that sounds great, if you don’t want to give your power away and rely on others for your sense of happiness and well-being. Afterall, it is much easier to blame others when things go wrong if you give up your power and the responsibility for your happiness away. nt.
Truth: You are 100% Responsible for Your Life
The reality, otherwise known as the great truth, is that you are 100% responsible for everything in YOUR life.
It means that instead of expecting others to change, you change. It means you stop blaming anyone and everyone else for the things you don’t like that are unfolding in your life,
You can start by examining the actions you take and how they directly create the results you are getting (or not getting) in your life. Sometimes you have to look at the underlying belief that is creating or driving the behavior that is giving you the result your getting.
It is all about taking back your power by taking 100% responsibility for you and your life!
So how can you start taking back your power?
Below is a list of 10 powerful questions for you to answer.
10 Powerful Questions To Achieve the Results You Want in Life
What if …
- Absolutely nothing other people do has anything to do with you?
- Your biggest fear isn’t real and is never going to happen? It was just a story you made up to stay safe and avoid taking a risk.
- Your life’s purpose was within reach? You just need to face your fear, believe in yourself and take a leap?
- You could change your life and the lives of others by simply being your best self?
- Love really was the salve for the world and by giving it to others you healed yourself and those around you?
- You stopped watching TV, unplugged from social media, and started having meaningful conversations with your partner, spouse, kids, friends, etc. for just 30 days?
- You show your kids that they are loved regardless of how many likes they receive on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?
- Your past has unfolded perfectly in order for you to be your best ‘you’ in this moment…and every moment going forward for the rest of your life?
- You stopped buying into the lies that you tell yourself that you don’t deserve to be happy, successful or loved?
- Everything in this list is true and would unfold in your life if you take just one of these steps today?
Now that you’ve read the list, pick one and focus on it for the next 30 days and watch what unfolds in your life.
Remember, reading about how to achieve the results you want in life is one thing. Actually taking specific actions to achieve the results you want in life is something completely different.
No one can force, cajole, or manipulate you to take action. If they did, then you would be giving your power away?
And why in the hell would you do that?
Until next time!