The Power of One …
At times it can be easy to forget the idea that it takes just one idea, action, or belief to transform the world. Whether that be the world-at-large or the much smaller world that you inhabit, especially the one in your head.
Most of us have forgotten the impact we as individuals can make when we are aligned with what I refer to as our internal T.A.G.S.™
T.A.G.S.™ is an acronym that stands for:
- Talents – Your strengths, our genius, and our brilliance.
- Attitudes – What you think, what you believe, especially what you believe about your self-worth and value.
- Goals – Not in the sense of your daily goals and to-do lists. I’m speaking here about your big picture goals. That big overarching goal for your life – yes, your purpose.
- Skills The things you are working on and learning, the skills you must develop if you want to continue to grow and perfect your craft.
Your ability to impact others changes dramatically when you know who you are and what you believe. You can influence your world and the world of others when you are clear about why you are here and the purpose for your life. When you continue to invest in the growth and development of your skills, you can then unleash the maximum power you are capable of and provide the utmost value to the world around you.
But you cannot unleash this power unless you decide to own the fact that you and you alone are responsible for uncovering your gifts, what you truly believe about yourself and your purpose, and what you must work on to be your absolute best!
We have become a society of entitlement. Many of us believe we are owed certain things without having to do the work. We value the wrong things and then wonder why we are not paid what we believe we should be making. I’m sorry, but being a fast-food worker does not entitle you to $15.00 per hour. The market doesn’t support an $8.00 McDonald’s hamburger to support you and that is why they cost a $1.00. Eventually, you will be replaced by a machine. One of my favorite mentors is a gentlemen by the name of Jim Rohn who used to say that the marketplace determines your value. If you want to make more money bring more value to others and the market.
If you are looking to be more powerful and impactful then here are 4 questions you can ask yourself and a few ideas to help you get moving. These questions will help you make sure you’re on the path to unleashing your ultimate T.A.G.S.™ on this world.
- What are your unique strengths? If you don’t know, click on this link to Amazon.com and buy the StrengthsFinder 2.0 book. It will provide an assessment that will help you uncover your strengths.
- How is your attitude about your work? Your life? Yourself? Is it that you are owed something or even worse, that because of your circumstances you have no value? Let me share with you a little secret. Every single human being on this planet has value, some of us over-value it greatly and some of us under value it immensely. Either way someone sold you a pack of lies and you need to reevaluate your reality.
- Do you know what your supposed to be doing here on this earth? Or are you wandering aimlessly from job to job, relationship to relationship, or buying the next shiny, pretty whatever hoping that the next one will fill the hole you feel inside. I’ve got great news for you … your purpose is already inside of you, you just need to uncover it! Start by ridding yourself of the old beliefs, stories, and lies you’ve picked up along the way that tell you you’re not enough. Then you can start clearing the path to your true purpose.
- What are you working on to improve yourself or your skills? Have you read or learned anything new in the last 30 days or do you educate yourself by watching that crap on TV like the news?
The power of one is a compelling idea that can change your life and the lives of those around you in an extraordinary way. But remember, the power of just one self-defeating belief or behavior can change it for the worse.
The good news is that there is only one person that can decide how all of this will play out in your life … just one person … and that person is you!
You have total control of that one decision … actually it’s the one thing you really do control.